June 7-9 / June 21-23 / July 13-14
(40 hours of instruction)
Fridays: 2pm – 7:30pm
Saturdays: 12pm – 6pm
Early Bird by May 10: $995
Regular Tuition by May 24: $1095
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- 30-plus hours pilates classes
- Three-plus years teaching movement or fitness
Application | Registration
Please download the application form on the right side of this page.
For more information contact Carlyn Phillips.
To order course materials, call 1-800-910-0001.
Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
To see a list of required course materials, click here.
Required Forms & Documents
Please print and bring the following documents with you to class
Certified Instructor Agreement
Training Evaluation Form
Workout Charts (Essential & Intermediate Mat only)
Postural Analysis Guide (print 2 copies)
STOTT® PILATES v Classical
Five Basic Principles Checklist
IMP provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating small equipment to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients. In addition to the general course objectives, you will learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
- 40 hours instruction & supervised teaching
- Minimum 10 hours observation
- Minimum 30 hours physical review
- Minimum 15 hours practice teaching
- Conducted over 3 weekends
- Total: 95 hours
- 4.0 STOTT PILATES; ACE